Friday, July 16, 2010

FINALLY...BE@RBRICK



Ten years after it all started, Beabrick Series 20 was released end of June 2010. As my close friends know, I have only collected SCI-FI ones from Series 1-19 (with only 2 exceptions so far) and never bought any "secret" version. However, S20 has blown me away and I bought quite a few more than I intended to.

Specifically, the S20 ANIMAL is the adorable Gizmo from the 1984 movie "Gremlins", and the "secret" version is the scary Stripe. In the movie, Gizmo's new owner Billy broke the all three rules: 1) No water - it multiples; 2) No food after midnight - it turns evil; and 3) No bright light - it would die (but guess it was necessary at the end to kill all the bad gremlins). It's funny and scary at the same time, and plus Phoebe Cates plays Billy's girlfriend. I must have seen it at least 5 times.

Looking at the photo, you know why I just HAVE TO get them...

1 comment:

Juliana said...

Congratulations! HaHaHa! Finally, another entry of your blog!!! It is a good start as compared to mine never-start-blog! Yes, we all got crazy with this Bearbrick! Hope you enjoy collecting them, no matter which one you are collecting...It is just fun to have them, right?
Juliana