Wednesday, June 25, 2008

DAMAGES





One hour per week is simply not enough...

The first season of the acclaimed TV series "Damages" has been shown on AXN every Monday night for the past ten weeks. It starts GLENN CLOSE (the lady needs no introduction); ROSE BYRNE (who caught my eyes in "Troy" with her steaming love scene with Brad Pitt, and later in "I Capture the Castle" as the elder sister of the leading lady played by an equally wonderful ROMOLA GARAI); TED DANSON (my impression of him still stays at the "Cheers" stage before starting to watch this series).

I like it because it's thought-provoking in so many ways to the point that if I was able to guess the next plot, I would compliment myself. Besides the twisted plots (the series was nominated Golden Globe's BEST TV series), the acting is also first-rate (Ms. CLOSE won the BEST performance by an Actress; Ms. BYRNE & Mr. DANSON were nominated under the "BEST performance by an Actress & an Actor in a supporting role" categories, respectively).

Can't wait to find out what really happens as the finale of the first season approaches in three weeks. Glad to learn the series is renewed for another two seasons. Recommended to anyone who likes a good MIND GAME.

2 comments:

wtsrudi said...

this one looks really good sue...we just do not get to catch it on tv.... will have to get the DVDs.....

SUE said...

Hi RUDI, yes, you should definitely catch it on DVDs... or I can lend them to you if you still have a VHS tape player... Ha!